Who will be going to Heaven?
About 20 years ago I said the "sinners prayer" because I thought it was the right thing to do, but I still kept doing what I wanted to do. I was basically a "Lukewarm Christian." In the past few years, I had lived a pretty clean and content life. Then, the Holy Spirit told me about a year ago that my place was in Heaven, but I was not ready. I took that to mean that if I died in that moment I would not go to Heaven. I was shocked because I had a blind faith in God, I said the "sinner's prayer" and I was really living a clean life. The Holy Spirit also told me that most "so called" Christians will not make it to Heaven and even less Pastors will make it to Heaven. This was completely shocking to me and I was very upset by it. I asked God to show me how I am supposed to make it to Heaven to be with Him and this is what God has revealed to me . . .
Christians Going to Heaven or Not, Comes Down to Two Scriptures
1. Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. Luke 13:23-24
Let's Break it Down . . .
a. "strive to enter" . . . The Greek word for "strive" is agonizomai, implying an agonizing, intense, purposeful struggle. It is the same word used in 1 Corinthians 9:25 of an athlete battling to win a victory. It is a struggle, a battle, an extreme effort. There is almost a violence implied. And appropriately so, because entering the kingdom is like going into warfare.
b. "strait gate" . . . The word "strait" means "specified degree of trouble or difficulty" This means there is a difficult path that leads to this gate.
c. "for many" . . . many is defined as the "majority of the masses."
d. "seek to enter" . . . The word "seek" means, "to try and find or to search for." The people who are trying to find or search for Heaven are usually Christians. So this passage is specifically talking about so called "Christians." Other people don't usually seek to enter Heaven because other people are from other religions and don't necessarily believe in Heaven. Plus, there are many people who believe in God but never try to enter Heaven and just believe they will go there because they are good people.
We can sum up this scripture by saying . . .
2. “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye workers of iniquity.” Matthew 7:22-23
Let's Break it Down . . .
a. "Many will say" . . . Many is defined as the "majority of the masses."
b. "Lord, Lord" . . . This scripture is mostly talking about Christians, because only Christians would refer to Jesus as "Lord."
c. "workers of iniquity" . . . Iniquity means . . . premeditated choice of sin or continuing sin without repentance
We can sum up this scripture by saying . . .
Lukewarm Christians vs Devout Christians
I want to be clear that this article is referring to the difference between lukewarm Christians and devout Christians. Basically, devout Christians will probably make it into Heaven and Lukewarms Christians probably won't. This makes sense because the world is full of more lukewarm Christians than it is devout Christians.
Isn't believing in Jesus good enough?
No. That is called "Easy Believism" and it is not scripturally sound. Most people get this idea from John 3:16 . . . "that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." This is true and this is the foundation of what Christianity is all about, but there is so much more. I cannot begin to tell you how many people believe that Jesus exists and yet they murder their spouses or are drunks, and full of greed, etc . Believing in Jesus is just step #2. See Below . . .
Are you teaching "Works Salvation?"
No. Works salvation means that you can work your way into heaven, like being a good person or volunteering at the local soup kitchen. This is very wrong and the bible is very specific about this Ephesians 2:8-9 You are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ . . . not by works.
Do we choose Jesus or does He choose us?
Some scriptures elude to the fact that God chooses us, however, John 3:16 definitely states that Jesus died for everyone. Some of the most devout Christians, with the most powerful testimonials, were chosen by God. Why else would they have followed Jesus, when most of them hated Him? Ultimately, God does not force us and we have to utter the words of repentance on our own. I feel that I personally have been chosen by God. God backed me into a corner and made me choose Him or the world and I gave in and chose Him. God is a very jealous and possessive God and He was not going to share me with the world anymore. Plus, He had a lot of things for me to do for Him and time could not be wasted. However, I did chose on my own and had I not chosen him, there would have been devastating consequences for me for eternity. Jesus did die for everyone and if you feel that you are not being chosen by God, then pray to God to chose you and that you really want to dedicate your life to Him and He will hear your prayers and answer them. Countless Muslims who were content in their religion are now having dreams and visions of Jesus and then are dedicating their lives to Him. So, in that case, who chose who? Ephesians 1:3-6
How Many Christians Will Make it Into Heaven?
Only God knows a specific number, but the Holy Spirit keeps giving me an idea that it is under 10% of people claiming to be Christian. This makes sense because the majority of people claiming to be Christians are lukewarm and walk the same wide path that everyone else walks and scripture is very clear that they cannot make it into Heaven. There will be even fewer Pastors I am afraid, because God expects more of them and how well they lead their flock. Matthew 7:13-14
Why then do most Christians believe they will make it into Heaven?
There is a huge problem going on with Christianity and it is called the "sinners prayer." Massive amounts of people across the world attend an event or church and say a simple "sinners prayer." and believe that they are saved and will go to Heaven. The sinner's prayer" is not even mentioned in the Bible. Most people who truly and radically dedicate their life to Christ, never do it because of a "sinners prayer." They pray to God in repentance and have a "born again" experience. In fact, a study shows that only 10% of people who pray a sinners prayer, actually pursue Jesus in any way. 90% of them fall back into their old ways, but feel that they are justified now in their sins. This is one of the greatest causes of why Christians will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven and why the Holy Spirit told me I was not ready to enter Heaven last year. Click Here to understand why the "sinner's prayer" is a problem.
Will I go to Heaven if I attend a good church?
Not necessarily. This is another problem that will lead to the destructions of many so called Christians. There are definitely some very devout Christians that attend Church and will probably go to Heaven. However, attending church can sometimes give people the false security of thinking they will enter into Heaven when they die. Click Here for a full article of why attending Churches can be very dangerous. Matthew 7:15
How do I truly know if I am going to Heaven?
Only God knows this answer. However, if you are a devout Christian and walk a narrow path of complete devotion to Jesus, it will show by the fruit that your life bears. The fruit you should be bearing is love, joy, peace, forebearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. I have produced more fruit in my life in the past year of becoming a devout Christian, than I ever did in the last 20 years of being a lukewarm Christian. I have created this ministry that God has a hand on and I get to share the Gospel to people everyday. Most importantly, God is very pleased with my love and devotion to Him and in turn, He has blessed me greatly. Matthew 7:16-20 Galatians 5:22-23
Can God change his mind about who will enter Heaven?
This is very possible, although God has known who will enter Heaven before we were born. From what I understand is if someone becomes born again and repents and then dies the next day, he or she will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore their name was recorded in the Book of Life when they became Born Again. This may not be true for people who became born again and then lived another 5, 10, or 20 years with unrepented sin. Scriptures show that a persons name can be blotted out of the Book of Life. Click on these sciptures for proof Revelation 3:4-5, Exodus 32:31-33, Psalm 69:27-28
10 Steps to Take To Get to Heaven
1. "For by Grace are you saved" This is the very first thing that must happen. "Grace is defined as "the unmerited or undeserving favor of God to those who are under condemnation." We don't fully know why God has Grace for some people and not for others. With this Grace God is able to touch extremely hardened people and soften their hearts enough to turn to Him and repent. Click Here to see the miracles of Gods Grace. If you want Gods grace poured out over you, then just repent before a Holy God and ask Him to pour His Grace and Mercy on you. Ephesians 2:8-9
2. Once you receive Gods Grace then you will be given faith and belief in Jesus Christ. You can only enter Heaven through faith that Jesus lived and died on the cross for our sins, was resurrected from the dead on the third day and now sits at the right of God and will judge all humanity. Some people think that you have to have faith first and then Gods Grace will come. The is not true because we are all born wretched sinners and many of us, if not all of us have an inherent hatred of God and yet God touches certain people (through Grace) and changes their heart to the point where they can finally have faith in Him. Click Here to see proof of this. Ephesians 2:8-9
3. You must become Born Again, which is a major change by you brought about by submission, obedience and repentance to a Holy God. Getting baptized during or immediately after is very important. You don't have to be Baptized to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but, Baptism is extremely important and can be done to you by anyone who is a born again believer in some type of water, like a bathtub, pool, lake, etc. Do Not recite some "sinners prayer." John 3:3
4. Once you receive Jesus into your heart and you become Baptized, the power of the Holy Spirit will enter you. The Holy Spirit will become your Keeper, Comforter, Teacher and Sustainer. Pray fervently to the Holy Spirit and ask Him to reveal your sins to you and He will. Never grieve the Holy Spirit by ignoring him. The Holy Spirit will be your guide in how to come before and please a Holy God. Ephesians 4:30
5. Repent, Repent, Repent . . . there is no doubt in my mind that God is pleased and glorified when we repent. When I started being a devout Christian, a year ago, I had a huge problem with lust that I thought would never go away. I started repenting every time a lustful thought entered my mind and a year later, my lust problem is such a NON issue now, that it is not even worth mentioning. That is the power of glorifying God with repentence. Luke 13:3
6. Immediately get rid of Idolatry. If there is one sin that God hates the most, I would guess it would be idolatry. God is a jealous and possessive God and He will NOT tolerate us putting anything before Him in our lives. This includes, praying to statues, rosary beads, money, your vehicle that your obsess about, sports, television, hollywood and movies, video games and anything else that comes before Jesus and feeds your vanity, lust, pride, greed, covetousness, etc. Exodus 20:3-6
7. One grave mistake many Christians make is that they get remarried, when their ex-spouse is still alive. Do not remarry or date, unless you are a widow or widower. There are over 1 million homeless teens in the US, mostly due to remarriage. The step parent abuses them or doesn't want them around, they move out onto the streets, and then the evil of the streets consumes them and kills them within weeks. This is just one of the many negative effects of multiple marriages and this is why God forbids it. There is nowhere in the bible that states that it is ok to remarry if your ex-spouse is still alive. Doing so will have devastating consquences and may drive a wedge between you and God because you have to turn from God and grieve the Holy Spirit in order to disobey God. The Holy Spirit told me that I was to remain single the rest of my life because I had been married and my ex-spouse is still alive. The Holy Spirit also stated that anyone who has remarried, when their ex-spouse is still alive must repent for disobeying God or they can never have a pure and righteous heart before God. Luke 16:18
8. You must pursue righteousness and perfection, just as your father in Heaven is perfect. It seems like a lot for God to ask of us wretched humans, but He is God and who are we to judge His decisions. Keep in mind, that this has nothing to do will how clean your house is or how perfect you make yourself look on the outside. This has everything to do with pleasing a Holy God that can see everything you do, hear every word you say, and knows every single thought that comes to your mind. I believe that non of us will end up being perfect before God when we die, but it will please Him that we pursued the kind of perfection that glorifies Him. Matthew 5:20
9. Study up on sin that God states in the bible that will stop you from entering Heaven. These sins are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, liars, thieves, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, strife, rivalries, dissention, divisions, envy, drunkeness, orgies, cowardly, faithless, detestable, murderers, covetous, unrighteous, adulterers, homosexuals, greedy, revilers and swindlers. I would study up about each sin and ask God in prayer to reveal to you if you have done any of those sins and then repent for each one. I would do this like my life depended on it. If you have a major problem with any of these sins, flee from the sin and repent daily if needed and over time the sin will just slowly disappear or sometimes the sin will disappear immediately. Acts 17:30
10. Be very careful about what Church you attend because attending Church will not save your soul. The problem with Churches is that most of them have become "Apostate" and are leading their flock astray. Click Here to read more about it. If you can find a great Church, then I highly recommend you attend. If you feel you're not spiritually growing or that you are having to settle for wrong things taught in your Church . . . just so you can attend church . . . then get out of there. There is too much at stake for you to settle. It is very good to surround yourself with devout Christians, but if most Christians are lukewarm, then most Christians who attend Church are lukewarm as well. Also, I have heard a lot of pride and vanity coming from people who state "I am a Baptist, or "Only Penecostals go to Heaven." If you are prideful about your denomination, please understand that God could not care less about Church Denominations. He only cares about how much you Believe in Him, Love Him, Serve Him, Obey Him and Glorify Him. Matthew 7:15
In Closing . . .
You must understand that being a devout Christian and walking the narrow path will be quite difficult at times. You will mostly walk the narrow path alone and your only lifeline will be Jesus. As we enter into Endtimes, you will face persecution and even martyrdom. You may be rejected by friends and family. All you have to do is talk about Jesus and most people would rather leave the room than hear His name, so you will be alone. You will also face struggles like giving up money and many possessions, and facing and dealing with your sins, which is not easy to do. You will have to learn to hold your tongue and always put other people first. You must eat, sleep and breathe Jesus and put him first in everything you do. The good news is that Jesus will be there by your side, every step of the way and you will be highly rewarded on the day you stand before God and for all of eternity. 1 Peter 5:10